Supports for aged care providers
Financial Monitoring and Business Assistance support is free to providers. Our teams provide guidance and connect you to programs, services or funding opportunities.
The teams provide guidance and connections to programs, services or funding opportunities including the:
Structural Adjustment Program
The Structural Adjustment Program provides grant opportunities to support providers:
- increase viability
- improve governance and operations
- ensure service continuity and long-term sustainability
- support business improvement activities
- transition the business to a new provider or close down the business and leave the sector.
Learn more about the Structural Adjustment Program and how you can apply.
Business Advisory Service
The Business Advisory Service is a free, independent and confidential service that is open to approved providers wanting to improve their business operations. The service works with you to review and assess your organisation, provide advice on business management and financial strategies to support your operations.
Our expert partners can work with residential aged care providers to:
- conduct financial analysis
- benchmark your business against others using industry standards
- review your business operations, strategy and governance
- outline an action plan to carry out improvement opportunities.
Support is available to providers who are:
- non-government, for-profit and non-profit providers of residential aged care
- impacted by COVID-19, or other external factors
- identified as an emerging financial risks
- referred from other areas of Health or the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission.
In some circumstances, providers of home care services may be eligible to participate in the program.
Learn more about the Business Advisory Service.
Workforce Advisory Service
The Business Advisory Service has been expanded to introduce a dedicated Workforce Advisory Service. This free, independent and confidential service:
- supports residential and home care providers to improve workforce planning
- is tailored to individual needs
- aims to resolve issues in attracting, retaining and skilling aged care workers.
It also supports aged care providers to be ‘reform ready’. This includes developing coordinated service-level workforce training and skills plans to increase the skills of the workforce.
Who we work with
In addition to our Financial Monitoring and Business Assistance Program’s accounting and financial management team, we partner with McGrathNicol and StewartBrown to draw on their financial assessment expertise and knowledge of the aged care sector.