The National Immunisation Committee's (NIC) has an ongoing role to provide advice on the National Immunisation Program (NIP). The NIC also represents the needs and views of vaccination providers and consumers.
The NIC works to:
- progress and oversee implementation of the National Immunisation Strategy
- provide advice on the strategic direction of the NIP, including policy and program advice that support its implementation
- provide advice on the development and implementation of NIP communication strategies.
The NIC has not met since 2019 and the current membership has expired.
Related committees or groups
The NIC is a subcommittee of the Communicable Disease Network Australia (CDNA) and works with:
- The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI)
- Jurisdictional Immunisation Coordinators (JIC).