The Executive Committee oversees the working groups and activities under the Healthy Food Partnership.
The Healthy Food Partnership brings together governments, the public health sector and the food industry to:
- improve the diet of Australians
- reduce diet-related diseases, overweight and obesity.
Terms of reference
See the Healthy Food Partnership Program – Executive Committee terms of reference for details of their role and responsibilities
- The Hon Ged Kearney (Chair), Australian Government Minister with responsibility for Food
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand
- Australian Food and Grocery Council
- National Heart Foundation of Australia
- Metcash (independent grocers)
- Public Health Association of Australia
- Dietitians Australia
- Meat and Livestock Australia
- Dairy Australia
- Restaurant and Catering Industry Association of Australia.
Other working groups involved in the Healthy Food Partnership include the:
- Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation Reference Group
- Industry Best Practice Guide Working Group
- State and Territory Liaison Group
- Reformulation Working Group (now ceased)
- Portion Size Working Group (now ceased).