About the subscription
We will use the subscription to provide:
- updates about the changes to improve sharing of pathology and diagnostic imaging results to My Health Record
- information about future engagement opportunities.
Who it is for
The subscription is for anyone who is interested in updates on:
- the changes being made to improve sharing of pathology and diagnostic imaging information to My Health Record
- engagement activities to inform these changes.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- consumers, their families and carers
- pathology and diagnostic imaging providers
- other healthcare providers
- peak bodies and colleges representing healthcare providers
- clinical software industry partners.
How to subscribe
When this privacy notice applies
This privacy notice applies to the subscription to receive updates on changes to improve sharing of pathology and diagnostic imaging information to My Health Record.
This notice explains how we (the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care) manage personal information to meet our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Information we collect
We will only collect your email address.
Why we collect this information
We need this information to send you updates on changes to improve sharing of pathology and diagnostic imaging information to My Health Record.
If you do not provide your email address, we cannot send you our updates.
How we collect this information
We collect personal information from you, via Mailchimp, when you sign up to receive the updates.
Who we disclose your personal information to
How we store your information
Your information will be stored overseas as Mailchimp stores its data in the United States. Ordinarily, where the Department discloses personal information to an overseas recipient, Australian Privacy Principle (APP) 8.1 requires the Department to take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the APPs. However, if you subscribe to our mailing list, APP 8.1 will not apply to this disclosure and the Department will not be accountable under the Privacy Act for any subsequent use or disclosure by an overseas recipient, and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
How you can access or correct your information
If you need to change your email address, use the link provided by Mailchimp at the bottom of the email update.
You can remove yourself from our mailing list by following the ‘unsubscribe’ links provided by Mailchimp in every email update.
Concerns and complaints
- the Australian Privacy Principles
- the Australian Government Agencies Privacy Code