Alcohol contacts

A list of organisations, websites and services that offer alcohol support, counselling and information. This list also includes research centres that focus on alcohol.


Alcohol and Drug Foundation (ADF)

The Alcohol and Drug Foundation provides facts, resources and programs to help prevent alcohol and other drug harm in Australian communities.
Alcohol and Drug Foundation

Alcohol and Other Drugs Knowledge Centre

Visit this website for information and current research on reducing the harmful use of alcohol and other drugs in First Nations communities.
Edith Cowan University

Alcohol. Think Again contact

The 'Alcohol. Think Again' website provides resources and information about the effects of alcohol on your health. There is information for parents, young people, and women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Alcohol. Think Again

Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) Australia contact

To find an AA meeting close to you or for information about quitting or reducing your drinking, contact AA or visit their website.
Alcoholics Anonymous Australia


The ASSIST (alcohol, smoking and substance involvement screening test) is an easy-to-use tool that detects substance use and related problems.
University of Adelaide

Counselling Online

Counselling Online is a free and confidential service that provides 24/7 support to people across Australia affected by alcohol or drug use.
Counselling Online


Contact DirectLine for confidential alcohol and drug counselling and referral in Victoria Australia. The service is available 24/7 by phone or online.

Drug Aware

Contact Drug Aware's 24-hour alcohol and drug support line for help in Western Australia. Their website also provides information about drugs and their impact, and how to stay safe for young people.
Drug Aware
Country WA
City WA

Drug Information Directory

Use the Drug Information Directory to find information on alcohol and other drugs, including treatment services.
Alcohol and Drug Foundation

Drug Strategy contact

Contact the Drug Strategy team for information about our National Drug Strategy and help with any of its related resources.
Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care


eheadspace is a national online and phone support service for young people between 12 and 25. It covers a wide range of topics and issues affecting mental health. Contact them online or by phone from 9am to 1am AEST, every day.

Family Drug Support (FDS)

Contact Family Drug Support (FDS) for help dealing with drug and alcohol use in your family. Their free national telephone support line is available 24/7 anywhere in Australia. They also provide support groups, education programs, counselling and bereavement services for families.
Family Drug Support

FASD Hub Australia contact

The FASD Hub provides information about fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD). You can browse a directory of health services and providers with FASD expertise and find details about FASD training for professionals and providers.
FASD Hub Australia

Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education (FARE) contact

Visit the FARE website to find out what they're doing to influence government policy on alcohol. Learn about the alcohol-focused research they support and browse their other resources about alcohol.
Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education

healthdirect helpline

Call this number to speak to a registered nurse about your health concerns. It can help if you're not sure if you should see a doctor or manage your condition at home. The healthdirect helpline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Healthdirect Australia

Hello Sunday Morning contact

Offers free tools for Australians who want to take a break, cut back or quit drinking. Daybreak is an anonymous online peer support community with thousands of members. The self assessment screener helps you decide what support you need. A newsletter also offers inspiration to stay on track.
Hello Sunday Morning

Kids Helpline

Kids Helpline provides a free, private and confidential phone and online counselling service for young people aged from 5 to 25. The service is available 24 hours a day from anywhere in Australia.
Kids Helpline


Contact Lifeline for support if you are experiencing a personal crisis or have suicidal thoughts. You can call them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere in Australia for crisis support. You can also send a text message or contact their confidential online chat.
Lifeline Australia
24-hour crisis line

National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction (NCETA)

NCETA aims to help organisations and workers to better respond to problems related to alcohol and other drugs (AOD). Find out about their research into intervention programs for workplaces and effective workforce development.
National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction

National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC)

NDARC conducts research into alcohol and other drug (AOD) treatment. Find up-to-date information about AOD treatment options and how effective they are at reducing AOD-related harm.
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre

National Drug Research Institute (NDRI) contact

NDRI conducts research that contributes to effective alcohol and other drug (AOD) policies, strategies and practices. Browse their latest publications and resources and read about their research programs.
National Drug Research Institute

Positive Choices

Positive Choices is an online portal for teachers, principals, school counsellors, First Nation education officers, youth workers, parents and young people. It aims to raise awareness about the harms associated with alcohol and other drug use by providing tools and school-based programs.
Positive Choices

Pregnant Pause contact

Pregnant Pause provides support to help you and your loved ones go alcohol-free during pregnancy. Having support can make it much easier to stop drinking and give your child the best possible start in life.
Pregnant Pause


Visit the ReachOut website for help and support on mental health issues for young people. Information is also available for parents and schools.

Rural Financial Counselling Service contact

Contact the Rural Financial Counselling Service if you need help dealing with financial hardship. They can refer you to relevant professional services such as accountants, agricultural advisers, education or counselling services. This service is for farmers, fishing or forestry businesses.
Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
Date last updated:

Help us improve

If you would like a response please use the enquiries form instead.