Population-based screening framework
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
This framework explains:
- what population-based screening is
- why we screen for cancer or chronic diseases
- how screening programs work
- criteria that need to be met for screening programs in Australia
- principles for setting up and managing screening programs in Australia.
It is based on the principles of early disease detection from the World Health Organization.