National Strategic Action Plan for Arthritis
The National Strategic Action Plan for Arthritis aims to guide national efforts to address the burden of arthritis.
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
Arthritis is one of the most common, costly and disabling of all chronic conditions. In its many forms it affects almost 4 million Australians of all ages, including children and young people.
The National Strategic Action Plan for Arthritis sets out a vision for ‘freedom from the burden of arthritis’.
- improving quality of life for people living with arthritis
- lowering the associated health-care costs
- reducing the numbers of Australians affected
- decreasing its impact on individuals, their carers and the community
The plan identifies 3 priority areas:
- Awareness, prevention and education
- High-value, person-centred care and support
- Research, evidence and data
The plan recommends actions to address these priorities.