Medical Research Future Fund Webinar – Assessing MRFF grants: Insights from assessors (15 March 2023) – presentation
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
This is the presentation of the MRFF Webinar – Assessing MRFF grants: Insights from assessors on 15 March 2023. The webinar was hosted by:
- Dr Masha Somi, Chief Executive Officer, Health and Medical Research Office
- Professor Caroline Homer AO, Deputy Chair, Australian Medical Research Advisory Board.
Dr Somi and Professor Homer were joined by a panel of experts with experience in serving on MRFF Grant Assessment Committees (GACs). The panel comprised:
- Mr John Stubbs AM, Chair, MRFF Consumer Reference Panel
- Professor Walter Abhayaratna OAM, Canberra Hospital and Health Services
- Dr BJ Newton, University of New South Wales
- Professor Michael Kimlin, Queensland University of Technology
- Associate Professor Sarah Norris, University of Sydney.
Topics included the:
- MRFF grant assessment process
- MRFF grant assessment criteria
- how to become a GAC member.
A questions and answers session followed.