International engagement objectives fact sheet
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
To protect the health of Australians, we:
- maintain strong surveillance and response mechanisms
- ensure therapeutic goods in Australia are safe
- contribute to regulation.
To ensure our health system continues to be best practice, we:
- include international best practice in policies and programs
- benchmark health data to support health systems reform
- identify and learn from innovation in health and sport.
To promote evidence-based international norms and standards, we:
- advocate for international action to improve health outcomes
- work to harmonise regulations to raise international standards
- allow access to new products and technologies
- reduce regulatory burden
- advance Australia’s good standing and capacity to influence internationally.
To contribute to Australia's policy goals, we:
- align health care for Australians with Australia’s foreign policy efforts
- take a lead role in our region to support development policy goals
- protect health interests while supporting trade and economic policy.