Indigenous people and bowel screening – Information for doctors
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
Health professionals can encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to take part in the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program. This fact sheet:
- provides an overview of the screening program
- highlights the importance of a GP’s recommendation
- explains what a GP can do to encourage participation
- addresses cultural concerns
- suggests ways to talk to their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients.
Original artwork by Jordan Lovegrove.