Evaluation of the Medical Research Future Fund Clinical Trials Activity
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
The MRFF’s Clinical Trials Activity initiative helps Australian researchers and patients test new treatments through national and international clinical trials.
In 2021, we commissioned the Institute for Evidence-Based Healthcare (IEBH), Bond University, to review this initiative. The terms of reference focused on:
- investments in clinical trials made through the MRFF
- approaches for clinical trials overseas and in Australia
- ways to improve funding and granting arrangements for clinical trials through the initiative and the MRFF more broadly.
This document reports on IEBH’s findings. It also discusses:
- progress in achieving objectives set out in the MRFF 10-year Investment Plan
- progress towards the 8 measures of success in the MRFF Monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy 2020-21 to 2023-24.