Future focused primary health care: Australia’s Primary Health Care 10 Year Plan 2022–2032
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
The plan identifies 12 action areas that are grouped under 3 reform streams:
- Future focused primary health care.
- Person-centred primary health care supported by funding reform.
- Integrated care, locally delivered.
The National Roadmap for Improving the Health of People with Intellectual Disability forms part of the plan.
Implementation of the plan will be considered together with other areas where action taken will be significant for primary health care. These include:
- The National Medical Workforce Strategy, which includes coverage of workforce planning involving the Commonwealth and state/territories, action on building the generalist capability of the medical workforce, and the role for Rural Generalists.
- The Commonwealth Stronger Rural Health Strategy.
- The National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Plan 2021-2031, focusing on preventing health issues before they occur, and delivery of health care that is: place based, person centred and culturally safe and responsive.
- Action on digital health, by the Commonwealth and through national digital health initiatives
- The Commonwealth’s part in implementing the Long term health reforms Roadmap for the National Health Reform Agreement 2020-2025.
The plan is the result of significant consultation and input from many stakeholders across the country, including people with lived experience.