Australian Medical Research and Innovation Strategy 2016–2021
The Australian Medical Research and Innovation Strategy 2016–2021 sets out the vision, aims, objectives, impact measurement and strategic platforms of the MRFF.
Australian Medical Research and Innovation Strategy 2016-2021
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
The Australian Medical Research and Innovation Strategy 2016 — 2021 was prepared by Australian Medical Research Advisory Board. It sets out the vision, aims, objectives, impact measurement and strategic platforms of the MRFF. The strategic platforms provide a framework for identifying MRFF priorities. The six platforms are:
- Strategic and international horizons — leading and collaborating with global health and medical research
- Data and infrastructure — integrating our health data framework to support healthcare delivery, service improvement and best practice
- Health services and systems — to discover affordable models of healthcare. To develop innovative and evidence-based approaches to treatment, prevention, diagnosis and the management of disease
- Capacity and collaboration — encourage collaboration between academia, health providers and industry focusing on solutions to research
- Trials and translation — transforming non-commercial clinical trials of major importance into tangible results that lead to positive clinical practice and behaviour changes
- Commercialisation — to enable discoveries to become every day realities, where the general public benefits from research innovations