ATAGI advice on seasonal influenza vaccines in 2021 – December 2021 update
This is an update to the statement which was published in March 2021 and updated in July 2021.
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) has developed advice for immunisation providers regarding the administration of 2021 seasonal influenza vaccines.
It includes information about:
- the influenza vaccines available for use in Australia in 2021, by age
- influenza virus strains included in the 2021 seasonal influenza vaccines
- timing of vaccination, including timing of influenza and COVID-19 vaccines
- vaccination for pregnant women
- eligibility for influenza vaccines funded under the National Immunisation Program (NIP)
- medical conditions that are associated with an increased risk of influenza complications.