Alternative Aged Care Assessment, Classification System and Funding Models Final Report – Volume One: The Report
Alternative Aged Care Assessment, Classification System and Funding Models Final Report – Volume Two: Attachments to the Report
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
The Department of Health commissioned the Australian Health Services Research Institute at the University of Wollongong to write this report.
The report describes 5 options for future funding models:
- Option 1 – refining the current Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) model
- Option 2 – a simplified model with 4 funding levels
- Option 3 – option 2 plus special supplements if specified criteria are met
- Option 4 – an activity-based funding (ABF) model with a branching classification
- Option 5 – a blended payment model with fixed and variable costs
The report recommends option 5. It also recommends option 1 in the short term to address issues with ACFI.
Part of a collection: