Health Policy Analysis (HPA) has worked with experts from the University of NSW and the University of Technology to evaluate the Health Care Homes trial.
The evaluation aimed to:
- identify the changes in structure and processes that occurred following the rollout of the trial
- measure short-term outcomes
- provide preliminary evidence concerning the medium to longer-term outcomes.
The key evaluation questions were:
- How was the Health Care Homes model implemented and what were the barriers and enablers?
- How does the Health Care Homes model change the way practices approach chronic disease management?
- Do patients enrolled in Health Care Homes experience better quality care?
- What are the financial effects of the Health Care Homes model on governments, providers and individuals?
Evaluation results and lessons learned will be used to inform future primary care reform.
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.