The Australian Influenza Surveillance Report (AISR) is compiled from a number of data sources, which are used to monitor influenza activity and severity in the community. These data sources include:
- laboratory-confirmed notifications to NNDSS
- influenza associated hospitalisations
- sentinel influenza-like illness (ILI) reporting from general practitioners
- ILI-related community level surveys
- sentinel laboratory testing results.
The AISR is published on a fortnightly basis during the influenza season, typically between May and October. Influenza activity updates may be published outside of the seasonal period.
2022 fortnightly reports
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.