Health Workforce Locator
Use our workforce locator map to check the geographical classification of any location in Australia. The map can tell you if a location is classified as city, rural or remote. It identifies areas that need more doctors.
What is the Health Workforce Locator?
The locator shows the health workforce classification and geographical information of any area.
You can see the workforce classifications:
- Distribution Priority Area
- District of Workforce Shortage
- Modified Monash Model
- The Australian Statistical Geography Standard - Remoteness Area
- The Australian Standard Geographical Classification - Remoteness Area
- Rural, Remote and Metropolitan Areas
How do I use the locator?
Enter an address in the form to find information on the area, including its classification and available incentives for the health workforce.
You can also go to the map and search for a location to see its classifications.