About the initiative
The AMSA Governance Review considered:
- the operations of the AMSA
- how the organisation interacts with the state-based men’s shed associations to inform, advise and support Australian men’s sheds.
Why it is important
The Australian Government has been providing ongoing funding to support the national men’s shed movement for 10 years. The review considered:
- the effectiveness of this funding
- how well the national movement is meeting the needs of the more than 1,200 individual men’s sheds that exist across Australia.
The review will encourage and promote a unified and well-functioning national men’s shed community.
Meeting our goals
The review considered the following matters:
- the governance of the AMSA, including its links to, and relationships with, state-based men’s shed associations and individual sheds
- the performance of AMSA’s key tasks and responsibilities
- the best ways of working to present a unified movement and promote the benefits of shed participation to all Australians
- the roles and responsibilities of AMSA and state-based men’s shed associations across Australia
- the National Shed Development Programme (NSDP).
Who we worked with
National Advisory Pty Ltd conducted the review, assisted by Mercurius Consulting.
National Advisory Pty Ltd consulted with the AMSA, state-based men’s shed associations, and interested sheds in considering the review.
The review is finalised and can be accessed below.