This information has been superseded by new ATAGI advice for early 2023 COVID-19 booster doses and will be updated shortly.
Find a clinic and book a COVID-19 vaccination appointment
If you haven't already done so, book an appointment.
Check your Medicare details and online access
If you have a Medicare card, check your details are up to date:
- through your Medicare online account via myGov
- in the Express Plus Medicare app
- by calling Services Australia.
If you need to, update your details.
If you have a Medicare account but don't have online access, you can set up your account via myGov.
If you don't have a Medicare account
If you are eligible for Medicare but don't have an account, you can enrol in Medicare.
You can still get a vaccine if you aren't eligible for Medicare.
Find out how to get a vaccination if you don't have a Medicare account.
For carers, family members and guardians
Guardians, family members and carers who need to make a vaccination decision on someone's behalf can download a Consent form for COVID-19 vaccination.
You can also download our collection of Easy Read resources, and read information for people with disability, as well as information for children, teens and parent/guardians.
If you are anxious or have questions
- talk to your vaccine provider about any questions or concerns you have
- have a friend or relative go with you to your appointment
- ask for somewhere quiet to sit
- ask for support and reassurance when you receive your vaccination, if you are afraid of needles
- book in to talk to your GP.
You can learn more about vaccination and approved vaccines in our collection of patient resources.