COVID-19 vaccinations are free for everyone in Australia. Getting vaccinated is the best way to keep you, your family, friends, and the community safe.
Benefits of vaccination
COVID-19 will be with us for many years into the future.
Getting vaccinated now has many benefits, including:
- protecting yourself against severe illness and death from COVID-19
- reduce the prevalence of symptoms associated with ‘long COVID’*
- protecting people who can’t be vaccinated due to medical conditions
- slowing the spread of the virus
- keeping hospitalisation rates at a level our health system can cope with
- reducing the need for lockdowns and school closures in the future (when enough Australians are vaccinated)
- being able to attend events and travel in the future.
*Evidence from overseas indicates that receiving a COVID-19 vaccination reduces the prevalence of symptoms associated with Long COVID.
Our vaccine supply
We have agreements in place to buy vaccines from manufacturers.
Our COVID-19 vaccine and treatment strategy outlines how we are investing in vaccines and treatments and how they are safely, fairly and rapidly delivered to Australians.