Check your eligibility
To be eligible for CHSP funding, you must:
- be an eligible entity type, such as a company, trustee or charity
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for GST
- have an Australian bank account
- carry on business in Australia
- offer a service type that fits the CHSP (see the CHSP Manual for details)
Apply for a CHSP grant
You can apply for a CHSP grant through:
- an advertised selection process
- a growth funding round which provides additional funding for high-demand services
Before submitting a grant application, make sure you read the:
- CHSP Manual
- Commonwealth Grant Rules and Guidelines
- grant opportunity documents (available on GrantConnect in the grant opportunity listing)
You must respond to all eligibility and assessment criteria.
Accept the grant agreement
If you are successful, we will send you a grant agreement. This is a legally binding document. You must use the grant money in line with the grant agreement. If circumstances change and you need to change the agreement, contact the Funding Arrangement Manager named in your agreement.
Set up your provider information in My Aged Care
Before your organisation can offer CHSP services, you must set up a profile in the My Aged Care provider portal.
We provide access for one administrator in each aged care organisation. Administrators need to set up access for their staff and keep organisation details up to date.
If your organisation is not set up in My Aged Care, see Set up Access to My Aged Care.
For help with setting up your provider information on My Aged Care:
- see the videos in our playlist My Aged Care — Provider Portal Set-up and Maintenance
- read the My Aged Care Provider Portal User Guide, Part 1 and Part 2
- call the My Aged Care service provider and assessor helpline
Set up your information in Data Exchange
You need to set up an account with Data Exchange so you can report on the services you provide.
See the Data Exchange Getting Started Guide for details on how to do this.
Data Exchange also has a document that includes program-specific guidance for the CHSP.
Find out more
This is an overview of how to become a CHSP provider. For more detail, see the:
Next, you need to understand your responsibilities as a CHSP provider.