Complete required training
All assessors must complete the My Aged Care standard training:
- Statement of Attainment 2 (RAS only)
- Statement of Attainment 4 (ACAT only)
- National Screening and Assessment Form (NSAF) and systems training
- self-paced learning experiences
- induction training
ACAT delegates must also complete the My Aged Care ACAT Delegation Training.
For more detail, read chapter 26 of the Assessment Manual.
Understand your responsibilities
You must understand and meet your responsibilities as an aged care assessor. Your contract and the Assessment Manual sets out these responsibilities.
Set up access to the My Aged Care assessor portal
As an assessor, you will use the My Aged Care assessor portal to:
- access referrals for assessment
- do the assessments
- develop support plans
- refer clients to services
- update client records
- review support plans
To access the portal, you need to authenticate your login.
Create and edit staff details
If you’re the administrator in your organisation, you need to create staff accounts for all assessors. You can also edit staff details as needed.
To find out more, read:
- chapter 6 of the Organisation Administrator User Guide
- the How to Configure Outlets and Create New Staff Accounts video
Download the myAssessor app
You can use the myAssessor app to conduct assessments when you do not have internet access. It is compatible with Apple iOS, Android and Microsoft Windows devices.
You can also sideload (manually install) the app on Windows devices using an installation file. To find out more, view the Sideloading of the myAssessor App User Guide.