Stay COVID-19 safe!
Masks help protect people from viruses like COVID-19 and help stop them from spreading between people. Wearing a mask is something easy that you can do to protect yourself.
Wearing a mask when in crowded places like public transport or at the supermarket is strongly recommended. Encouraging your loved ones to do the same will help protect them too.
Help stop the spread:
- Wash or sanitise your hands
- Maintain physical distancing (1.5m or two big steps)
- Keep your COVID-19 vaccinations up to date, and
- Stay at home and get tested if you’re unwell.
When wearing a mask:
- Wash (or sanitise) your hands before putting on the mask
- Make sure it covers your nose and mouth and fits snugly under your chin, over the bridge of your nose and against the sides of your face
- Do not touch the front of the mask while wearing it or when removing it. If you do touch the mask, wash or sanitise your hands immediately
- Do not allow the mask to hang around your chin or neck
- Wash or sanitise your hands after removing the mask, and
- Wash cloth masks after each use, or daily at a minimum.
Important: People with chronic respiratory conditions should seek medical advice before wearing a mask.
Watch a video with Dr Ngiare Brown as she explains how to correctly wear a face mask.
For more information on how to stop the spread, download the Keep our mob safe booklet.