The Million Minds Mental Health Research Mission is investing $125 million to support a million Australians with mental health issues. This funding will help people access new approaches to prevention, diagnosis, treatment and recovery. For example, the Mission is supporting the:
- Buoy Project, which is testing 7 different suicide prevention programs that target boys and men
- Our Journey, Our Story Project, which is implementing and evaluating a co-design framework with the aim of improving mental health services for Aboriginal young people.
In 2021-22 we commissioned the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) to review the Mission. The review looked at:
- investments made through the Mission and other MRFF initiatives involving mental health
- how international research models and approaches could apply in Australia
- progress made towards the Mission’s goals
- any ways to improve the alignment of the Mission’s goals with its implementation.
Learn more about the MRFF and the .