The annual Australian Public Service (APS) employee census, usually held from May to June, collects information on attitudes and opinions of APS employees. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it was conducted from 12 October to 13 November 2020 and focused on changed work practices.
We have published the highlights report of what the 77% of Health staff who participated said.
The report shows we have increased our results from the previous year’s report.
This includes an increase from the 2019 survey in the number of staff reporting:
- positive impressions of Senior Executive Service (SES) leadership
- feeling engaged with their work and having a strong sense of purpose.
Other key findings include:
- most staff had a positive experience working remotely
- the department has embedded changed ways of working implemented during COVID-19 well
- satisfaction with Executive Level 2 leadership continues to remain steady
The survey also highlights some areas to consider. We are focusing on:
- balancing workload and key priorities
- learning and development
Read the report, or visit the Australian Public Service Commission website to find out more.