Transition from AUSKey to myGovID
Implications for the Prosthesis List Management System
The Department of Health would like to advise that AUSkey will be decommissioned at the end of March 2020 and will be replaced with two new digital services. These are:
- myGovID, a new way to prove your identity on line
- Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM), a service that allows you to authorise others to act on behalf of your business online.
The limitations of AUSkey and its inability to keep pace with technology changes have been the driving factors of this decision. It is important to note that myGovID is not the same as the existing myGov system.
The Department of Health encourages you to transition to myGovID before the end of March deadline for continued access to PLMS. A dual AUSkey and myGovID login screen will be available on PLMS from February 20.
This transition has implications for users of PLMS. PLMS users will need to:
- download the myGovID app and confirm your identity and set up a standard myGovID
- ensure you have a compatible smart device – myGovID is compatible with most devices. using IOS 10 or later on Apple devices and Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later
- set up your myGovID using your personal email address – this email address must belong to you and should not be a shared email address
- refer to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) website if you require further advice.
If you require assistance with obtaining your myGovID, please visit myGovID FAQs.
The Prostheses List: Guide to listing and setting benefits for prostheses has been updated to reflect this change.