The Private Health Insurance Legislation Amendment Rules (No. 1) 2022 (the Amendment Rules) make consequential changes to the Private Health Insurance Rules to reflect changes to Medical Benefit Schedule (MBS) commencing 1 March 2022.
The Amendment Rules were registered on the Federal Register of Legislation on 28 January 2022 and commence on 1 March 2022.
The amendments include re-classification of new and amended MBS items and removal of deleted items where appropriate, in the:
- Private Health Insurance (Complying Product) Rules 2015 (the Complying Product Rules)
- Schedule 5 for the Clinical categories
- Schedule 6 for the Common treatments list
- Schedule 7 for the Support treatments list; and
- Private Health Insurance (Benefit Requirements) Rules 2011 (the Benefit Requirements Rules)
- Schedule 1 for Type A Advanced surgical, Obstetric and Surgical procedures
- Schedule 3 for Type B Band 1 and Non-band specific, and Type C procedures.
Further details on the Amendment Rules are included in the Explanatory Statement accompanying the Amendment Rules available on the Federal Register of Legislation or by searching Private Health Insurance Legislation Amendment Rules (No. 1) 2022.
Information and spreadsheets for MBS items assigned to a clinical category or procedure type are available at Private health insurance clinical category and procedure type.
Information on MBS item changes can be found online.