Schedule of services and fees
The Hearing Services Program has undergone several changes over the last 2 years, including introducing temporary special arrangements in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and publishing a new Schedule of Service Items and Fees 2021–22 effective from 1 July 2021.
COVID-19 special arrangements ceasing
Most COVID-19 special arrangements ceased on 1 July 2021. The remainder of these arrangements will cease on 31 December 2021.
From 1 January 2022, providers are required to comply with all program requirements, including the services schedule and any other directions provided by the program.
- All forms, client consents, quotes and the Maintenance Agreements must be signed and dated by the client or their Power of Attorney.
- Statutory Declarations signed by the client are required for lost devices.
- Ambient Noise Level testing and equipment calibration must be completed for all sites where it has expired (except where extensions of time have been approved by the program).
- Telehealth services can continue for initial fittings and refittings (including follow-ups), client reviews, replacements, spare aids and rehabilitation services where technology allows, and clinicians determine that the service outcomes are not compromised.
- Revalidation Requests must be approved before the requested service can be provided and claimed.
- Site status must be updated in the Hearing Services Online portal.
- From 1 October 2019, all services, including maintenance, must be provided within the start and end dates of the voucher that was current at the date of service.
The 2021 Provider Self-Assessment (SAT) is currently open until 30 November 2021. The SAT seeks feedback on your preparedness to revert to the program’s standard arrangements, including ambient noise and equipment calibration readiness.
Please email us if you have any queries regarding these matters.