Australians leading COVID-19 research
The Australian Government has made available $96 million under the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) for the national effort fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.
The MRFF is supporting Australia’s best and brightest health and medical researchers to find breakthroughs in preventing and treating COVID-19. Researchers are working now to:
- prepare the health system for COVID-19
- track the virus with genomics
- use new technologies to treat COVID-19
- study the body’s immune system during COVID-19 infection
- develop 9 new COVID-19 vaccines.
Read about these projects and the MRFF’s Coronavirus Research Response.
See the list of all COVID-19 research projects that have been awarded MRFF funding.