Australian Immunisation Handbook website upgrade
New features will be available soon as part of an upgrade to the Australian Immunisation Handbook website and mobile app.
The following features will be available as part of an upgrade to the Australian Immunisation Handbook (AIH) website, mobile app and the National Immunisation Catch-up Calculator (NICC).
The Australian Government AIH website is being upgraded on 24 May 2022 at 12pm. The website will include the following new features:
- An ‘On this page’ menu to allow you to quickly get to the sections you use.
- The ability to copy a link to a specific section on a page.
- The ability to bookmark a specific page or a section of a page.
- ‘New’ and ‘Updated’ indicators to identify new or updated content.
- Prominent highlighting of important information on a page.
- Removal of the ‘collapsible’ menus to make the website ‘back button friendly’ and easier to navigate.
- Announcements to keep users informed about new and upcoming changes.
The AIH website will continue to be available at immunisationhandbook.health.gov.au after the upgrade.
A new version of the companion mobile app is being released alongside the upgraded AIH website. The app will benefit from improved performance and will also include new features.
Current app users will be required to download the new version to continue receiving content updates.
National Immunisation Catch-up Calculator
The National Immunisation Catch-up Calculator (NICC) supports providers to plan catch-up vaccination for children under 10 years. The NICC is also being expanded to support children under 10 years who are medically at-risk.
Further information about these changes will be published on the AIH website once the new website and supporting applications have been released.
You can also subscribe to NIP Updates to stay up to date with the latest clinical guidance on the National Immunisation Program.