Latest recommendation updates
ATAGI have not made any new updates since 2 March 2022.
Recent ATAGI considerations
On Wednesday 9March 2022, ATAGI met to consider the latest developments relating to COVID-19 immunisation. As of 8 March 2022, over 54 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in Australia. ATAGI encourages anyone aged 16 years and over to receive a booster dose as soon as they are eligible.
Upcoming ATAGI considerations
Evidence relating to second COVID-19 booster doses
ATAGI is continuing to monitor and discuss current and emerging evidence on COVID-19 booster doses, including meeting with international counterparts, reviewing data on effectiveness, waning of immunity and national vaccination coverage as part of broader considerations around potential need for subsequent booster doses, particularly coming into the winter months.
COVID-19 vaccine safety
The TGA Weekly Report provides a detailed breakdown of adverse events following immunisation.
Resources and recent statements
ATAGI recommends review of the following key resources:
- 2 March 2022: ATAGI updated advice on COVID-19 booster vaccinations
- 28 February 2022: ATAGI Clinical Guidance for COVID-19 vaccine providers
- 18 February 2022: ATAGI guidance on temporary medical exemptions for COVID-19 vaccines.
- 3 February 2022: ATAGI Statement on booster doses for adolescents 16 to 17 years
- 24 January 2022: ATAGI statement on the use of Novavax COVID-19 vaccine.
- 19 January 2022: Updated ATAGI recommendations on the use of a third primary dose of COVID-19 vaccine in individuals who are severely immunocompromised .