Latest recommendation updates
ATAGI have not published any updated advice or recommendations since 29 April 2022.
Recent ATAGI considerations
On Wednesday 11 May 2022, ATAGI met to consider the latest developments relating to COVID-19 immunisation. As of 10 May 2022, over 58 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in Australia.
ATAGI considered data on Omicron vaccine effectiveness in New South Wales and continued to examine evidence relating to need for 4th (winter) doses of COVID-19 vaccine for at risk groups, including individuals with disability and individuals with medical comorbidities.
Ongoing review of adverse events and safety information
The TGA Weekly Report provides a detailed breakdown of adverse events following immunisation, including Australian rates of myocarditis and pericarditis.
Resources and recent statements
More information can be found in the following resources:
- 29 April 2022: Guidance on Myocarditis and Pericarditis after mRNA COVID-19 vaccines
- 29 April 2022: ATAGI Clinical Guidance for COVID-19 vaccine providers
- 8 April 2022: ATAGI statement on use of booster doses in adolescents aged 12-15 years
- 25 March 2022: ATAGI recommendations on a winter booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- 2 March 2022: ATAGI updated advice on COVID-19 booster vaccinations.