If it has been six months since receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, an additional dose:
- is recommended for people aged 75 or older
- should be considered for people aged 65-74, following discussion with their health care provider.
Older age continues to be the biggest risk factor for severe COVID-19 disease. COVID-19 vaccination reduces the risk of serious illness, hospitalisation and death.
Aged care residents who have not yet received any booster dose this year are advised to do so.
Residential aged care homes are responsible for ensuring residents have access to recommended COVID-19 vaccine doses. Residential aged care providers should contact their primary care vaccine provider to organise COVID-19 boosters for residents as soon as practicable.
To find a COVID-19 vaccine clinic near you:
- Speak with your doctor or pharmacist
- Text ‘Hey EVA’ to 0481 611 382 for a call back
- Book an appointment on the health service finder.
See the COVID-19 vaccines webpage for information on recommendations and more about getting vaccinated.