Read the latest media releases, speeches and transcripts.
- The Tuggeranong community will soon have a safe place to access free mental health support, with a new Head to Health mental health service for adults receiving funding and set to open later this year.
- Read Assistant Minister McBride's speech at the Ministerial Summit on youth radicalisation.
- The Australian Government is investing close to $8 million to support innovative healthcare trials in rural and remote Australia.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister McBride's speech at the ABC Heywire Regional Youth Summit Parliamentary Lunch, Parliament House, Canberra.
- Regional Queenslanders are getting better access to quality mental health care with the Kingaroy Head to Health official opening today.
- Central Coast residents have seen some of the largest increases in bulk billing in Australia, since the Albanese Government tripled the bulk billing incentive.
Radio interview with Assistant Minister McBride and Susan Graham-Ryan – ABC Radio Queensland – 30 January 2024Read the transcript of Assistant Minister McBride's radio interview in Townsville with ABC Radio Queensland on Medicare Urgent Care Clinics, Cyclone Kirrily, mental health, headspace and Head to Health.
- The recently opened Medicare Urgent Care Clinic (UCC) in Thuringowa Central is boosting patient care and taking pressure off the local University Hospital.
TV interview with Assistant Minister McBride and Holly Stearnes - Sky News Regional Breakfast - 30 January 2024Read the transcript of Assistant Minister McBride's interview with Holly Stearnes on her visit to Townsville, Cyclone Kirrily and mental health.
- The Australian Government is delivering on another election commitment, with new incentives to encourage more doctors with advanced skills to work in regional, rural and remote Australia.