You can narrow down the results using the filters
- Tasmanians who have survived a suicide attempt or suicidal crisis can now access more support through the newly launched ‘Way Back Support Service’. Joint media release with the Premier of Tasmania, Jeremy Rockliff.
- Read the transcript of Minister Wells' TV interview with Matthew Doran, ABC News discussing the October Budget, cost of living, interest rates, childcare, and AFL broadcasting rights.
- The Australian Government is improving access to healthcare across the country, with all states and the Northern Territory signing a new Memorandum of Understanding with the Commonwealth to continue Medicare bulk billing services at approved hospitals and health services in rural and remote areas.
- The Australian Government is committed to making a difference for women of every age and at every stage. As part of this commitment, the Government is investing in digital tools to improve access to quality care for women experiencing menopause.
- Over recent weeks we have seen a litany of appalling stories of poor practices in the cosmetic surgery industry with permanent damage done to untold numbers of Australians.
- The Australian Government has held their inaugural Women in Sport Workforce Roundtable, with more than 50 stakeholders developing pathways for increasing the number of women in the sport industry.
- A lifechanging treatment for chronic kidney disease will be made available to thousands of Australians through an expansion of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) listing.
- Australians living with allergies will have their conditions better diagnosed, managed and prevented under new funding by the Australian Government.
- From 1 September 2022, Australians will have access to new and expanded medicines on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS), including treatments for ovarian cancer, leukaemia, chronic kidney disease and spinal muscular atrophy in children.
- Our next female sporting CEO’s can kick off their administration careers through $370,000 worth of grants, in the Women Leaders in Sport (WLIS) initiative.
- The Albanese Government is committing $1.8 million to fund a new health care trial in the Warren-Blackwood region of Western Australia (WA) under the Innovative Models of Care (IMOC) grants program.
- The Australian Government will boost support for medical researchers to drive innovation and contribute to global efforts to understand COVID-19, including work to assess the impact of long COVID.
- The first broad analysis of Australia’s pandemic preparedness in response to the COVID-19 pandemic has been released by the CSIRO. Joint media release with Minister for Industry and Science, the Hon Ed Husic MP.
- Representatives from across Australia’s health workforce including unions, employers and other stakeholders met today to discuss how best to grow and support this vital sector – already Australia’s largest source of employment.
- The Albanese Government is proud to announce the official launch of the new Head to Health phone service which will help Australians access mental health support in their own communities.
- Read the transcript of the ABC Drive interview with Minister Butler on Hospitals, COVID-19, Vaccine Rollout and Scott Morrison’s secret appointments.
- The Labor Albanese Government has held an Aged Care Workforce Pre-Jobs Summit Roundtable with more than 20 stakeholders in Parliament House, to better understand the practical solutions needed in the aged care sector.
- The Albanese Government is delivering $13.1 million in targeted mental health support for NSW communities impacted by the devastating recent floods.
- Read the transcript of the Triple J Hack interview with Minister Butler on bulk billing, urgent care clinics, youth mental health, and Scott Morrison’s secret appointments.
- The Auditor-General's report has laid bare the multitude of failures of the former Government’s vaccine rollout.
- The Albanese Government is providing much needed funds to our men’s sheds.
- Read the transcript of the television interview with Minister Butler on Medicare and strengthening the Medicare fund, pressures on our health system and urgent care clinics.
- Read the transcript of the ABC Radio interview with Minister Butler on Scott Morrison’s self-appointed ministerial roles, cost of GP visits, and Australian mRNA vaccine manufacturing.
- Read the transcript of the Ten News First interview with Minister Butler on Scott Morrison’s secret appointments, bulk billing and domestic mRNA manufacturing.
- Read the transcript of the ABC Adelaide interview with Minister Butler on the costs of visiting a GP and strengthening our GP workforce.