COVID-19 Vaccine and Treatment Manufacturing Audit – Request for Information
The Australian Government is carrying out a Manufacturing Audit Request for Information (RFI) to find out what facilities in Australia we could use to make large amounts of COVID-19 vaccine and treatments.
About the initiative
This RFI will help to identify capacity and capability to support the manufacture, distribution and administration of COVID-19 vaccine and treatments within Australia. It will not include vaccine research and development capacity.
Why it is important
Having a complete understanding of production capacity and supply chains will help us identify facilities that could be repurposed, modified or expanded to make large quantities of a vaccine or other treatments.
Our goal is to build a complete picture of our ability to produce and supply large amounts of COVID-19 vaccine and treatments within Australia.
Meeting our goals
To make sure we have a full understanding of current capacity, the audit includes:
- commercial vaccine manufacture
- commercial treatment manufacture
- fill and finish capabilities for vaccines and treatments
- packaging and cold chain management for handling vaccines and treatments in safe temperature ranges
- consumables, such as needles, vials and stoppers.
Who we work with
We have already collected information from:
- local and international vaccine manufacturers
- the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
- Defence – who published a national capability audit in 2017.
Update on the audit
The RFI closed on 20 August 2020. We are looking at over 60 responses to identify companies that can produce COVID-19 vaccines and treatments in Australia. Information from the RFI will be provided to the COVID-19 Vaccines and Treatments for Australia – Science and Industry Technical Advisory Group.
COVID-19 Vaccine and Treatment Manufacturing Audit – Request for Information contact
Contact us for more information about the COVID-19 Vaccine and Treatment Manufacturing Audit – Request for Information.