Physical, mental and financial support
There are a range of physical, mental and financial support services available to Australians during the COVID-19 pandemic. Find out where you can get support.
If you have a Medicare card you can access telehealth services via phone or video until 31 December 2021. Find out more about accessing telehealth services.
Home Medicines Program
If you are isolating or in a vulnerable population group you may be able to access prescription medication remotely through the Home Medicines Services.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties due to COVID-19 you may be eligible to access the COVID-19 disaster payment.
Mental and emotional health
If the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic are making you feel anxious, stressed and worried you can access a range of mental support services.
It's important to take care of your physical wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic. The most important action you can take to protect your physical health is to get vaccinated.
Learn more about prioritising your physical health.
Support for matters other than health
See australia.gov.au for links to information on:
- restrictions and safety advice
- financial support
- business and employer information
- support for individuals, families and communities
- education and child care information
To stay up to date on COVID-19:
- read what you need to know
- monitor the COVID-19 current situation and case numbers
- view the latest COVID-19 news and media
- know how to protect yourself and others
You can also join our WhatsApp channel or use our COVID-19 app.