ACFA’s role was to:
- provide independent advice to the Australian Government on aged care funding and financing issues
- in giving advice, consult with consumers, the aged care sector and the finance sector about these issues
Read ACFA’s advice to the Government published between 2018 and 2021:
The role of the Basic Daily Fee in Residential Aged Care
This report ACFA considers the origins and purpose of the Basic Daily Fee, analyses its adequacy as a funding source, proposes principles that should guide consideration of any changes to current arrangements, assesses options for reform, related issues and puts forward a set of conclusions.
Review of the Current and Future Role of Refundable Accommodation Deposits in Aged Care
This collection contains the Review for Current and Future Role of Refundable Accommodation Deposits in Aged Care.
Financial Impact on Home Care Providers as a Result of Changes in Payment Arrangements
This December 2019 report looked at the financial impact of improving payment arrangements in home care.
- Report on Attributes for Sustainable Aged Care
This October 2019 report expands on observations in the 2019 funding and financing report. It includes feedback from stakeholders.
- ACFA provided its submission to the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety on 29 April 2019.
- Report on How Consumers Plan and Finance Aged Care
This November 2018 report looks at how people finance their aged care costs. It also provides advice on how we can better support these important decisions.
- Report on Respite for Aged Care Recipients
This October 2018 report found that more people are using residential respite care. It outlines concerns about how respite care places are allocated and recommends actions.
- Update on Funding and Financing Issues in the Residential Aged Care Industry
ACFA wrote this September 2018 update after consulting with aged care providers, financial institutions and analysts.
View earlier ACFA advice on the National Library Web Archive.
Annual reports on funding and financing of the aged care industry
Each year of its operation ACFA presented a report on aged care funding and financing to the Government.
These reports looked at the issues and challenges facing the industry. They also provide statistics and analysis of aged care in Australia.
- 2021 Funding and Financing Report
- 2020 Funding and Financing Report
- 2019 Funding and Financing Report
- 2018 Funding and Financing Report
View past reports on aged care funding and financing on the National Library Web Archive.
At the end of each financial year, ACFA presented a report on its operations to the Government.
View older ACFA operations reports on the National Library Web Archive:
- 2015–16 ACFA Operations Report
- 2014–15 ACFA Operations Report
- 2013–14 ACFA Operations Report
- 2012–13 ACFA Operations Report
If you have questions about ACFA, contact us through our general enquiries form.