There are lots of advantages to working at Health and Aged Care. We outline all employment conditions in our Enterprise Agreement.
Salaries and super
At Health we offer:
- competitive salaries
- a 15.4% employer contribution to superannuation
- specific salary bands to recognise the skills of public affairs officers, medical officers, legal officers and research scientists.
You can view the salary table at Attachment B of the Enterprise agreement.
We provide generous leave conditions, including:
- annual leave — 20 days per year
- personal or carers leave — 18 days per year
- parental leave — 18 weeks if you’re the primary caregiver and 8 weeks if you’re the secondary caregiver, increasing to 18 weeks by 2026-27
- cultural leave — 6 days paid leave over 2 years for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees and one day per year for NAIDOC week activities and 3 days paid leave for other employees
- emergency response leave — 20 days paid leave
- supporting employees to donate blood during work hours without taking leave
We encourage our employees to stay healthy and be active and support this by providing:
- counselling services to help you and your family members with work or personal issues
- free flu (influenza) vaccinations for staff
- an employee wellness program and social club.
We help our employees balance their personal and work life by providing:
- flexible work arrangements — no caps on the number of days staff can request to work from home, as well as flextime and time-in-lieu arrangements
- negotiable part-time working hours with the option of job sharing
- flexible arrangements including telework.
Learning and development
At Health and Aged Care, we invest in our staff by providing support, opportunities and diverse ways to learn, including:
- access to study assistance — financial assistance and up to 7.5 hours study leave a week. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees, employees from a non-English speaking background and employees with disability can request up to an additional 7.5 hours per week
- uncapped continuing professional development for medical officers
- continuing professional development for employees who are required to hold and maintain a particular qualification or registration
- access to mentoring programs
- in-house capability development programs
- eLearning and online learning resources
- tertiary study schemes and professional development.