When this privacy notice applies
This privacy notice applies when you complete Inborn Errors of Metabolism program forms .
This notice explains how we (the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care) manage personal information consistent with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Information we collect
We collect personal information about your:
- provider number
- workplace and work address
- work contact details
Why we collect this information
We need this information to:
- assess your application to register as an approved Metabolic Specialist under the IEM program
- provide your work contact details to patients under the IEM program (if your application is successful)
If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to approve your application.
How we collect this information
We collect personal information directly from you, via the application form.
Who we disclose your personal information to
We may disclose your information to:
- the Australasian Society for Inborn Errors of Metabolism (ASIEM) to help assess this application
- anyone you’ve agreed we can share with
- anyone the law requires us to share with
If we approve your application, we will disclose your work contact details to patients registered with the IEM program. Work contact details includes name, address, phone number and email.
We are unlikely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
How we store your information
We will store your information on electronic media, including our Electronic Document and Records Management System and cloud computing solutions. We also store personal information on paper files. Only authorised Department of Health and Aged Care staff or contractors have access to your personal information. When we no longer need it, or when required by law, we will destroy or de-identify your information.
How we handle sensitive information
We do not collect sensitive information about you via this form.
How you can access or correct your information
Concerns and complaints
- the Australian Privacy Principles, or
- the Australian Government Agencies Privacy Code
More on privacy