Minister for Health and Aged Care
Minister for Aged Care
Minister for Sport
Assistant Minister for Health and Aged Care
Assistant Minister for Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
Assistant Minister Rural and Regional Health
Assistant Minister for Indigenous Health
Read the latest media releases, speeches and transcripts from the ministers of the Health and Aged Care portfolio.
- The Australian Government is delivering on its commitment to people on the South Coast, with the Batemans Bay Medicare Urgent Care Clinic (Medicare UCC) opening from 4 December 2023. The Batemans Bay Medicare UCC is located at 7 Pacific Street.
- Read the transcript of Minister Butler's speech at the World AIDS Day Parliamentary Breakfast.
- Alice Springs residents will have better access to health care, with the opening of a new Medicare Urgent Care Clinic (Medicare UCC).
- An extra 160 medical students each year will begin end-to-end rural medical training at six new medical school programs in rural communities, thanks to a $90 million investment from the Australian Government.
- The Australian Government is providing $2.8 million to fund preliminary exploratory work on the establishment of a new medical school in the Northern Territory.
- Read Assistant Minister Kearney's speech launching Australia's National Health and Climate Strategy.
Archives for former ministers
Media releases, speeches and transcripts from former ministers of the Health portfolio are available in the former ministers' media centre.
Visit the National Library of Australia's web archive for older media releases, speeches and transcripts.