Quit for good today, and give your baby a healthy start poster
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
When the urge to smoke strikes remember the '4Ds'
- Delay: Delay for a few minutes, the urge will pass
- Deep breathe: Breathe slowly and deeply
- Do something else: Ring a friend or practise your pre-natal exercises
- Drink water: Take 'time out' and sip slowly
Talk to your doctor today about how you can stop smoking for good.
Smoking increases the risk of:
- Premature labour
- Infection and breathing difficulties due to low birth weight
- SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome)
Quitline 137 848
For more information please visit australia.gov.au/quitnow
Every cigarette you don't smoke is doing you good
Authorised by the Australian Government, Capital Hill, Canberra
Printed by The Campaign Palace, Level 6, 150 William Street, Woolloomooloo NSW, 2011