New Horizons: review of alcohol and other drug treatment services
Appendices of New Horizons: review of alcohol and other drug treatment services
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
The Department of Health funded a review of the AOD treatment services sector from July 2013 to July 2014.
The review report describes:
- current Australian AOD treatment funding
- current and future service needs
- the gap between met and unmet demand
It provides options to:
- improve processes for future Commonwealth AOD funding rounds
- help make sure processes respond to the needs of individuals, families and their communities
The review found that:
- the roles and responsibilities of the Commonwealth and state and territory governments were unclear
- there was a need for more shared analysis and feasibility work
As part of this wider review, a Review of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander AOD Treatment Service Sector was also completed.