National Medical Workforce Strategy 2021–2031
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
The strategy has identified 25 actions that sit under the 5 complementary priority areas of:
- collaboration on planning and design
- rebalance supply and distribution
- reform the training pathway
- building the generalist capability of the medical workforce
- flexible and responsive medical workforce.
In addition, 3 other cross-cutting issues are being considered. These are:
- supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce and improving cultural safety
- changing models of care
- doctor wellbeing.
The strategy is the result of significant collaboration and input from key medical stakeholders across the country.