Ministers' media releases
Portfolio Budget Statements
- An overview of the 2023–24 Budget. This overview includes measures for Medicare, First Nations health, mental health, health prevention and protection, smoking and vaping, and the aged care workforce.
- This Budget 2023–24 fact sheet outlines significant reforms to Medicare, delivering critical funding to meet the urgent healthcare needs of today. It responds to the recommendations of the Strengthening Medicare Taskforce and takes key steps to address challenges in our healthcare system.
- This Budget 2023–24 fact sheet outlines measures to increase the wages of aged care workers, roll out a new regulatory model, and embed new aged care assessment arrangements.
- This Budget 2023–24 fact sheet outlines reforms to the mental health and suicide prevention system. The Australian Government will address workforce shortages and urgent gaps, and extend critical services. This will lay the groundwork for future reform.
- This Budget 2023–24 fact sheet outlines measures to reduce smoking and vaping rates through stronger legislation, enforcement, education and support.
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.