The Australian Government announced funding to redevelop and modernise the My QuitBuddy app in the 2023–24 Budget. The redevelopment of the app is in its early stages, and we expect the new version to be available in 2024.
About My QuitBuddy
Quitting smoking can be difficult but My QuitBuddy is here to help you every step of the way. Designed to deliver you support in a way best suited to you, for you to get quit and stay smoke-free.
The app is currently targeted to smokers only, but will be upgraded in 2024 to incorporate support and advice to quit vaping.
You can easily customise the My QuitBuddy app. For example:
- choose to ‘Quit Now’ or prepare to ‘Quit Later’
- set goals and add the support you need to achieve them
- receive a useful tip when you open the app – during the first 30 days
- nominate your danger times and My QuitBuddy gets in touch to keep you on track
- set a series of scheduled alerts (such as ‘Congratulations, it’s been 2 weeks!’) keep you on track
- view your daily progress including how much money you’ve saved
- use a range of distractions to help you deal with cravings
- get reminded of why you decided to quit and to stay focused on your goal with a personalised slideshow
- read helpful messages from other people who are quitting and leave your own for others to read
- call the Quitline directly from the app
- nominate friends or family who you can call in the tough times.
There are many types of support available to help you quit. Learn more about different quitting methods and work out which ones might work best for you.