A new version of the My QuitBuddy app is currently in development and will be available for download for free from the App Store or Google Play soon. It has a new look, new features and improved support to help you on your quit journey. You can set goals, talk to other quitters, find distractions for those danger times, learn about the health benefits and celebrate milestones.
If you are a user of the current app, you will need to take note of your quit date and take a screenshot of your profile so you can re-enter your data when you download the new app. The current app will no longer be supported after the new app is released.
What is the My QuitBuddy app?
Quitting smoking can be difficult but My QuitBuddy is here to help you every step of the way. Designed to deliver you support in a way best suited to you, for you to get quit and stay smoke-free.
My QuitBuddy is easily customised. You can:
- choose to ‘Quit Now’ or prepare to ‘Quit Later’
- set goals and add the support you need to achieve them
- receive a useful tip when you open the app — during the first 30 days
- nominate your danger times and My QuitBuddy gets in touch to keep you on track
- set a series of scheduled alerts (such as "Congratulations, it’s been two weeks!") keep you on track
- view your daily progress including how much money you’ve saved
- use a range of distractions to help you deal with cravings
- get reminded of why you decided to quit and to stay focused on your goal with a personalised slideshow
- read helpful messages from other people who are quitting and leave your own for others to read
- call the Quitline directly from the app
- nominate friends or family who you can call in the tough times
Update the app regularly to get new features.