About the program
The Rural LAP consolidated 3 previous programs:
- Nursing and Allied Health Rural Locum Scheme (NAHRLS)
- Rural Obstetric and Anaesthetic Locum Scheme (ROALS)
- Rural Locum Education Assistance Program (Rural LEAP).
Rural LAP for aged care
Rural LAP for aged care can help with providing locums for aged care workers in rural and remote locations. The program helps rural and remote aged care services experiencing:
- high staff turnover
- sudden departures of critical personnel
- a need to cover staff taking annual leave or time off for training.