About the program
The Non-VR FSP provides financial support to non-vocationally recognised doctors to help them gain fellowship with either the:
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM)
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
Participants can train through the:
- Practice Experience Program (RACGP)
- Independent Pathway (ACRRM)
The Non-VR FSP ends on 30 June 2023.
Goals of the program
The program helps increase access to high-quality primary health care for all Australians.
Why it is important
To be able to access the highest-value Medicare rebates, doctors must be registered with the Medical Board of Australia, and either:
- have a fellowship with the ACRRM or RACGP
- be working towards fellowship under an approved placement on a college-led training program.
By helping doctors work towards attaining fellowship, the program ensures they can access higher Medicare rebates while providing high-quality care.
Read more about Medicare rebates and vocational recognition.
Each program has its own eligibility and entrance requirements. To apply, contact either the: