About the program
We launched the Health Products Portal (HPP) in October 2019, focusing on the pharmaceutical industry and management of items on the PBS. We are expanding the HPP to digitise and simplify the processes to apply, track, pay and manage regulated and reimbursed health-related products and services listed on the:
- Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) through the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC)
- Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) through the Medical Services Advisory Committee (MSAC)
- Prostheses List (PL) through the Prostheses List Advisory Committee (PLAC)
- National Immunisation Program (NIP) through the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI).
The HPP aligns to the Australian Government’s Digital Service Standard. We are consulting with industry groups and end users (through user research and beta testing activities) as part of a user-centred approach.
Our HPP site has more details on the HPP including:
- Health Products Portal industry webinars, where we demonstrate the HPP’s functionality and answer questions from industry representatives
- user support
- HPP terms and conditions.